PST:  


Binangonan Tourist Spots

East Ridge Golf and Country Club     Thunderbird Resorts     Talim Island     Mount Tagapo     Vicente Manansala
Sta. Ursula Parish Church     Ang Kalbaryo     Puente del Diablo


Petroglyphs

Located at the boundary of angono and Binangonan, the Petroglyphs was discovered by National Artist Carlos "Botong" Francisco in 1965. This cultural heritage site was certified by National Museum as dating back to circa 3000 B.C.; and is the most ancient Filipino relic. There are about 127 drawings

of animal and human figures engraved in the rock. Previous archaelogical findings yielded fragments of earthen ware, obsidian flakes and shells. The Angono - Binangonan Petroglyphs has been included in the World Inventory of Rock Art under the auspices of UNESCO, ICCROM, and ICOMOS. It has been declared as a National Cultural treasure by Virtue of Presidential Decree 260. in 1996, it received its highest recognition when it was nominated as one of the "100 Most Endangered Sites of the World" under the world Monument Watch List. The preservation and development of the Petroglyphs is a joint effort of the National Museum of the Philippines World Monument Watch Fund, American Express International, the Department of Tourism and Antipolo Properties.

Ang PETROGLYPHS ay matatagpuan sa taas na bahagi ng bundok ng Barangay Tayuman at mas kilala sa pangalan na MATANDANG YUNGIB. Ito ay isa sa mga mahalagang likas na yaman ng ating bayan sapagkat ito ay nabibilang sa ilang importanteng cultural landmarks sa Pilipinas. Kasama ang petroglyphs sa talaan ng national cultural treasure ng Pilipinas at world inventory of rock art. Makikita dito ang mga hugis tao at hayop sa mga dingding na bato na ayon sa pag aaral ng mga scientist at archeologist ay mula sa vulcanic tuff at itinuturing na pinakamatandang artwork sa rockwall sa Pilipinas na ayon sa pagsusuri ay iniukit noong 3,000 B.C. Base sa mga pag aaral at mga labi na nakuha dito ang petroglyphs ay tinirahan ng mga PYGMY o mga tao na nabuhay noong unang panahon. Mapalad tayo dahil biniyayaan tayo ng kalikasan ng ganitong uri ng yaman. Ayon sa world monuments watch at world monuments funds ang petroglyphs ay isa sa mga historical sites sa Pilipinas na nanganganib na masira at mawala.


Petroglyphs Artifacts



                     






East Ridge Golf and Country Club


Found at the foot of the majestic Sierra Madre Mountain range, East Ridge Golf Club is an 18 hole world class, all weather, golf course spanning eighty hectares of rolling hills, ravines and stretches of mountain ridges, surrounded by a lush tropical setting of ample greenery and exhilarating nature.



Thunderbird Resort

Thunderbird Resort has the best club amenities and a plush split-level resort complex with a commanding view of the fairways. The finest facilities, cuisine, and a cocktail lounge can be found; and personalized service awaits everyone.





Talim Island

A dagger-shaped island at the heart of Laguna de Bay, Talim Island is endowed with mountains and hills such as Susong Dalaga and Dolores Hills. Islets include Pulong Ithan, The Three Islets of Bunga, Malahi and Pulong Gitna. Hot springs in Ginoong Sanay, Tabon and Binitagan also exist. There are also fish pens located at the center of the lake and the water nearer the shore were developed for swimming, boating, sailing, water sports and other activites.


Mt. Tagapo

Isa sa mga tanyag na bundok ay matatagpuan sa Bayan ng Binangonan, partikular sa isla ng Talim na kung tawagin ay Mt. Tagapo na higit na kilala sa pangalang bundok ng Susong Dalaga, may taas na 270 metro na animo'y dibdib ng isang birhen. Marami sa mga mountaineers na nagmula pa sa malalayong lugar sa Pilipinas ang inaakyat ito upang masilayan ang kanyang angking kagandahan.
Ang pag- akyat sa yamang-likas na ito ay hahamon sa lakas, determinasyon at sinseridad ng mga nais sumubok dito. Ngunit kung kanilang mararating ang pinakatuktok, tiyak na madarama nila ang katiwasayang ipinag-lingap ng lawa ng Laguna at ng karatig-pook nito. Ang Mt. Tagapo ay nasa gitna ng Talim Island na hugis punyal na matatagpuan sa pusod ng Laguna de bay.

    Ang isla ng Talim ay may kabuuang 3,376 ektarya kuwadrado at binubuo ng 17 Barangay. Minsan sa buhay ng ating pambansang Bayani na si Dr. Jose Rizal ay nabanggit niya ang kanyang paghanga sa kagandahang angkin ng isla ng Talim higit ang tinaguriang bundok ng susong dalaga. Ito ay kanyang nabanggit habang siya ay naglalakbay mula sa Calamba Laguna patungong Maynila. Mapalad tayo at biniyayaan ang ating bayan ng Binangonan ng kalikasan ng isang maganda at kaakit-akit na tanawin. Ang ganitong yaman ng kalikasan na sa atin ay pinagkaloob ay dapat nating alagaan, bigyan ng importansya at mahalin.







VICENTE S. MANANSALA
(1910-1981)

Bantog na pintor at miyuralista. Isinilang sa Macabebe, Pampanga, noong Enero 22, 1910. Pangalawa sa walong magkakapatid. Edad lima, nakakitaan na siya ng ibang husay at interes sa pagguhit. Nag trabaho bilang newspaper boy, shoe shine boy at caddy habang nag aaral ng elementarya. Nag trabaho bilang lay-out artist sa Philippine Herald noong 1932 at noong 1936 bilang isang mess boy sa isang British shipping firm. Nagtapos ng kursong Fine Arts sa Pamantasan ng Pilipinas noong 1930.


 


Awards Received

1941- 1st prize – National Art Exhibition
1950- 1st prize - Manila Grand Opera House Exhibition (Barung- Barong no. I)
1st prize–Art Association of the Philippines
First Annual Competition (Banak Laot)
1957 – Outstanding UP Alumni Award
1963 – Republic Cultural Heritage Award 1970 – Araw ng Maynila, Patnubay Kalinga award


Gumuhit ng miyural “Freedom of the Press, “Station of the Cross”, “Agham at Humanidad”.

Permanenteng tumira sa San Carlos, Binangonan, Rizal noong 1972, hanggang siya ay bawian ng buhay noong Agusto 22, 1981.

Hinirang bilang isang National Artist noong Agusto 27, 1981






         Sta. Ursula Parish Church

        This two-century old church had been structurally preserved and restored to its historical significance. It was originally a chapel built in the late 15th century by the Franciscan missionaries to gain access to the native settlements around the Laguna Lake. By the 17th century, it was expanded into a big church to shelter its growing parishioners. Construction was completed in 1800 through the help of a barangay decree which compelled all delinquent male taxpayers to voluntarily work in the church’s construction.

 

Kalbaryo

Isang relihiyosong lugar na dapat ay puntahan ng mga deboto at turista ay ang kalbaryo. Marami ang hindi nakakaalam na noong 1972 isang relihiyoso o “manong”ang nagtirik ng unang Krus sa naturang Kalbaryo habang ang kasalukuyang simbahang Katoliko ng Binangonan ay sinisimulang gawin.
Ang kalbaryo sa isang bundok sa Libid Binangonan, Rizal ay mataimtim ang nagbunsod upang ayusin ang mga sumusunod:
1. Ang kapilya sa paanan ng bundok dito nakalagak ang dalawang imahe. Si San Constantino at Sta. Elena na siyang pangunahing may papel sa pagkakadiskubre sa nakabaong krus na pinagpakuan kay Hesukristo.
2. Ang mahigit kumulang na “100 steps” na cemented stairs na pataas papuntang krus sa tuktok ng bundok. Pagtaas mo rito ay makikita mo ang kagandahan ng laguna de bay, ang simbahan ng binangonan at ang buong kabayanan.
3. Ang orihinal na krus ay may sukat na 7 talampakan ang nakahiga (pahalang) at 15 talampakan ang nakatayo(paayon), na isinusog sa aklat ng Mahal na Pasyon na nakatayo sa pinakatuktok ng bundok. Ang krus na nagbibigay gabay at pag-asa sa lahat ng dumadalangin. Katahimikan ang nagbubunsod na tayo'y manalangin at upang maging mas mataimtim ang dasal. Maaliwalas and hangin malamig ang simoy na dumadapo sa pisngi ng nakapikit na nananalangin. Napalitan ang orihinal na krus na yari sa tabla pero di nagbago ang mga init ng dasal ng mga deboto ng bayan




Puente del Diablo

     SOME call it Punta del Diablo. Yet, since punta is "point or up" in Spanish and the legend tells of a "bridge", the proper terms seems to be the Spanish puente.

     Puente del Diablo in Binangonan, Rizal, is actually a peninsular hill about 20 meters high extending out some 100 meters in to the waters of Laguna de Bay. During summer when it has no vegetation growing from its many crags and cracks, its huge somewhat rectangular rocks give it the appearance of a ruined massive stone-bridge.

     The story goes that in the early part of the Spanish period, there lived in a sitio of barrio Pilapila (about 2 kilometers southeast of the poblacion or town proper of Binangonan) a beautiful maiden whose hand was sought in marriage by many siutors. The low hill on which their bahay-kubo or nipa hut stood is today still called Pulo though now connected to the mainland, suggesting that the place was once a small island.

     The girl was a pious woman who went to church on the poblacion as there was yet no chapel in the nearby barrio of Pilapila at that time.

     Among the girl's suitor was said to be a handsome European who in all appearances was a nobleman, he sported a thin moustache, and dressed in a black suit complete with cane and top hat. And while the other suitors had simply tired out in pursuing their quest of winning the girl's afffection, this foreigner kept up his courtship in earnest.

     But it seemed the girl was determined to stay out of any romanntic relationship, being devoted to religious and social work. She devised innumerable excuses to stave many suitors. Then, perhaps in keeping woth the ancient courtship custom where a girl does not flatly sa "no" to a man but instead demands the accomplishment of dificult tasks, she confronted the European with a really impossible proposition. SHe asked him to construct a stone-bridge from their place to the opposite bank fo Laguna de Bay, a distance of about 15 kilometers across the lake. And the bridge must be completed overnight! With that, the girl hoped to put to an end his persistent courtship.

     But alas! The man took up the challenge. And that very evening as dusk fell, the grating sounds of rocks, big stones and boulders being carved and moved could be heard in the place. People from nearby Pilapila could only wonder what commotion was all about. But the girl and her father and mother knew. As they were the only inhabitants of the Pulo, only they could see through the enveloping darkness that the foot of the stone-bridge was already being constructed.

     "He must surely be a very wealthy man," said the girl's father. "Imagine being able to hire all those men to work on such a long bridge. There must be a hundred of them out there."

     "They will not be able to finish that bridge till morning", the girl answered, trying to reassure herself.

     The work went on into the night, and into the early morning hours. And the noise grew fainter and fainter as the bridge got longer into the lake. The girl could not sleep, worried that the bridge would be finished on time, that she would be compelled to marry the Euopean. Curious, she decided to have a look at the work being done.

     She thus went down the hill and behold - in the silvery light of the rising moon, she saw that the workers were not human beings: they had wings like bats, tails like lions, and horns ikle goats! They were demons! Hundreds of them, her European suitor, still in his white frilled shirt, was one of them - a devil! To the girl, he looked like Satan himself - with claws for hands and hoofs for feet, and with eyes burning like red-hot coals.

     Trembling woth her fear, the girl was momentarily stunned. But after a short while, she ran away from the scene, towards the poblacion.

     She pounded hard on the door of the convento where the parish priest stayed. Informed of the situation the priest hurriedly led the way inside the church and after saying a short prayer before the altar went straight to the belfry. There, he pulled at the ropes of the great bell whose sound could be heard for miles around. This bell was rung only in cases of emergencies such as fires, pirate and tulisanes attacks, ti alert the townspeople, and in such instances as this one now in progress.

     The sound of the great bell travelled to Pulo, and the demons scampered away in fright. The European suitor - Satan - twisted and growled in defiance, but nonetheless also flew away. The half-finished bidge disintegrated and collapsed, the big stone slabs making loud splashes on the waters of the lakes as they fell, and sending out huge waves to the shore. By now, people in Pilapila and the poblacion, earlier awakened by the ringing of the huge church bell, had gathered on the lakeshore, attracted by the thunderous noise made by the rocks as the bridge collapsed.

     And in the breaking light of dawn, they saw the ruins of the foot of what could have been El Puente del Diablo (The Bridge of the Devil), and they shivered with fright as they looked at the ripples on the water, emanating from the spot on the lake where the rest of the bridge had sunk.

     Puente del Diablo still stands at Pilapila up to this day - a grim reminder to everyone who shuders at the thought of a devils design that almost succeeded.


Back to top


Copyright © 2009-2014 The Official website of MUNICIPALITY OF BINANGONAN
Web design by M.I.S. Office